The “Overwhelmingly Positive” horror-survival-adventure game developed by Frictional games called, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a free addition to your Steam library until September 16th at 10 AM Pacific. The reasoning behind the free game is a large Frictional Games Sale that is taking place until September 18th. Complete list of games on Sale
Among the Frictional Games Sale are five complete games that are on sale for up to 80% off, including upcoming game release, SOMA. Below is the full list:
- Penumbra: Black Plague Gold Edition – 80% off, now $1.99
- Penumbra Overture – 80% off, now $1.99
- Penumbra Collector’s Pack including both Penumbra Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague Gold Edition – 80% off, now $1.99
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs – 80% off, now $3.99
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – Free! (until September 16th at 10 AM PT)
- SOMA – 10% off, now $26.99 and releasing September 22nd
Is it worth getting Amnesia: The Dark Descent?
In this first person survival horror game, the goal is to not only survive but also escape with your (Daniel’s) wits in-tact. This difficult task is posed upon the gamer by questioning every move that you make; from standing in the light of your lantern to walking in the abyss of darkness. Find out how far the human mind can stretch in a game where insanity is a large possibility from the trials that an eerie castle possesses, along with the inhabitants that are inside.
So of course the game is worth it. Not only is Amnesia: The Dark Descent competely free and entirely yours once you “purchase” the free game; but you can play it at your leisure and take the needed breaks that the intense game requires. Do you plan on adding the free game to your library? Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent before? Share your thoughts below on the horror-survival-adventure game.