Yesterday, Epic Games announced the arrival of a new hero, the Countess, to the roster of Paragon. The new character will be released October 25th — and like all characters in the game, she will be available to play for free.
Character type and abilities
The Countess is a burst caster whose greatest strengths are misdirection and unpredictability. Utilizing her abilities, Countess can quickly single out and assassinate a key target and vanish into the darkness. Her abilities are as follows:
- Blade Siphon – Countess quickly spins her blades around her, causing damage in a circle around her.
- Passive: Countess regains a percent of her max health every time she kills an enemy, with bonus health for a Hero kill.
- Shadow Slip – Countess targets a nearby enemy and teleports to it, dealing damage and applying a slow. If the target is a minion, it is executed. Reactivate to return to the original position.
- Dark Tide – Countess sends out a roiling cloud of darkness in front of her, dealing damage to all enemies in the area of effect.
- Feast – Countess jumps to a nearby enemy Hero, forcing them to look at her and stunning them before dealing a massive burst of damage. Countess is locked down for the duration of the attack.
Check out the video above for a full demonstration of Countess and her abilities. And be sure to stop by our Paragon guides for all the tips you’ll need to dominate the arena no matter what character you choose.
What are your thoughts on the Countess? Will you be using the character next Tuesday? Let me know in the comments below.